We previously posted a video from EPIX News of their interviews with Gary Ross, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks and Woody Harrelson. Now they’ve released additional interviews with Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam and Elizabeth.
Jennifer talks Katniss and reveals she had a whistling double
Elizabeth talks about creating Effie (this video includes a number of clips of Effie during the Reaping)
Jennifer, Josh and Liam talk about training for the film
Jennifer, Elizabeth, Josh, Liam and Wes Bentley talk about reality TV and entertainment
The Hunger Games special edition Us Weekly magazine isn’t due on shelves till 2 March but some of the information has already made its way on to the internet. Including some of the contents of discussion. Here is a little insight..
- New quotes from Donald Sutherland – He talks about President Snow’s white rose (“even as his people starve, roses remain his only passion”) and Katniss (“Katniss is like Joan of Arc. She has a purity, yet she knows more than anyone else what’s at stake.”)
- Special Capitol meals – Since Woody Harrelson is a raw vegan, the food stylist made veggie sausages and pates for him to eat during the extravagant meal scenes.
- Tribute interviews – The tributes ad-libbed their pre-Game interviews. They were told “Here’s your emotional objective – improvise!”
- Changes to Capitol flare – Green skin color and catlike plastic surgery didn’t translate well, so with Suzanne Collins’ blessing, they drew from Japanese kabuki instead.
- Jennifer Lawrence & Josh Hutcherson’s relationship – Jennifer and Josh’s chemistry was so much like brother and sister, Gary Ross had to say, “Guys be attracted to each other.”
- Jennifer talks about Josh – Josh was Jennifer’s rock; lunch would be like a therapy session for her. She says he is a great listener.
- Real or not real weapons – The training center had real weapons (spears, swords, etc), but when the Tributes would fight or spar, they used rubber versions. Continue reading
You may remember that Celebuzz kicked off its 100 Days of Hunger Games with an interview they had with Josh Hutcherson. Today they’ve released part two of that chat.
Josh reveals that he’s shy, not a big fan of spiders and how to win his heart.
Kicking off their 100 Days of Hunger Games in a spectacular manner, Celebuzz has posted their interview with Josh Hutcherson where he talks The Hunger Games and Peeta Mellark, delving into fans’ expectations, his own interpretations and similarities with Peeta, including some pies and bread.
Josh Hutcherson talks to MTV about The Hunger Games’ fans and costumes. He calls The Hunger Games arena costumes “very practical” & says the flaming outfits are “very cool”.
The costumes in The Hunger Games run the gamut from extremely simple (in the Districts) to rather bizarre (in the Capitol) — but for the arena gear, Josh Hutcherson (Peeta in The Hunger Games) calls them very practical.
“They had to be,” Hutcherson told MTV, “not only for the purpose of the characters but also for us as actors because sometimes it was 95 degrees in the forest, and you’re running around and you want to make sure you’re wearing the right clothes and the appropriate attire and the right kind of shoes and everything.”
Like other cast and crew before him, Hutcherson won’t say much about the flaming costumes his character and Katniss (played by Jennifer Lawrence) wear earlier in the film.
“You’ll have to wait for it,” he said. “It’s very cool, I promise you. It’s very cool.”
Hutcherson also took a moment with MTV to reflect on the fan frenzy for The Hunger Games, which doesn’t hit theaters until March.