If you liked all of the movie tie-ins for The Hunger Games, you’ll be happy to know that Amazon now has Catching Fire: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion available for pre-order. No cover photo has been released, but the book’s description mimics that of the official movie companion to The Hunger Games, and both books share the same author.
Catching Fire, the New York Times bestseller by Suzanne Collins, is now a major motion picture — and this is your guide to all of the movie’s excitement, both in front of the camera and behind it.
Go behind the scenes of the making of Catching Fire with exclusive materials, including back-stage photos and interviews. From the screenwriting process to the casting decisions, from the fantastic new sets and gorgeous costumes to the actors’ performances and the director’s vision, this is the definitive companion to the second Hunger Games film.
The listed release date is November 22, 2013, the same date Catching Fire arrives in theaters. To pre-order your copy, head over to Amazon.
Will you be pre-ordering this companion? Would you like to see other tie-ins, like those released for The Hunger Games?
Amazon released a list of the top 10 most highlighted passages on Kindle devices and The Hunger Games trilogy occupies 8 of the 10 spots!
1. “Because sometimes things happen to people and they’re not equipped to deal with them.” (Catching Fire)
2. “The rules of the Hunger Games are simple. In punishment for the uprising, each of the twelve districts must provide one girl and one boy, called tributes, to participate. The twenty-four tributes will be imprisoned in a vast outdoor arena that could hold anything from a burning desert to a frozen wasteland. Over a period of several weeks, the competitors must fight to the death. The last tribute standing wins.” (The Hunger Games)
3. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” (Pride and Prejudice)
4. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” (Mockingjay)
5. “’I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you,’ Peeta replies.” (Catching Fire)
You can see which other quotes made the list at The Mary Sue.
Tell us your favorite quotes from the books in the comments below!
Either this video was just added or we never scrolled down the page, but Amazon has a great video of Jennifer Lawrence promoting The Hunger Games on their listing for The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion. In this 30 second video, Jennifer talks about being a fan of the books, her excitement about being cast as Katniss, the one way she can’t relate to Katniss, and more.